Award for Innovation in Occupational Safety Management
The Award for Innovation in Occupational Safety Management recognizes those who bring innovation and creativity to managing safety in the workplace. This award will be presented annually. Please see the award application for full submission details prior to the March 31, 2014 deadline.
The award will consist of a plaque and cash prize of $3,000. The award is sponsored by the Cintas Corporation.
Those eligible for the award include members and non-members of the Society. See the application for further details regarding eligibility for the award:
- Each applicant is responsible for submitting a complete and accurate submission package and must attest to the accuracy of its contents.
- Applications judged to have considerable merit but that are not the winning application may receive “Honorable Mention” recognition at the discretion of ASSE.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
The following criteria will be considered in the evaluation of the applications for the award, with specific weighting factors noted in the application:
- The Range of application of the innovation in managing safety, including:
- multiple programs
- multiple work sites
- breadth of applicability
- degree of implementation
- Management benefits. These may include:
- efficiency improvements (e.g., time, cost)
- solution to a safety management problem
- improved decision making
- Safety Benefit (s). These may include:
- safety program improvement
- process improvement that affects the safety of an operation
- direct reduction in accidents, injuries or fatalities
- elimination or reduction in hazards
- elimination or reduction in exposures
- indirect safety benefits (e.g., improving safety knowledge/skills or awareness of the workforce)
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PRESENTATION
Applicants will be notified by April 30, 2014. The 2014 award will be presented at the June 2014 Professional Development Conference in Orlando, Florida.